Beer, better wi-fi, and a ‘Happy Hour’ part of 2019 Razorback football season
Join the team
If there's one thing Razorback fans know, it's that anything can happen. Sign up for our free headlines and never miss another play.
The University of Arkansas athletic department has been busy in recent months gearing up for the 2019 football season in the newly expanded Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville.
UA officials unveiled the $160 million renovation in late August. The sometimes controversial project was approved by the UA Board of Trustees in June 2016 and construction started six months later. It’s the first significant upgrade to the stadium since 2001.
The building in the north end zone includes approximately 315,000 square feet of new space, including administrative offices for the athletic department in a rebuilt Broyles Athletic Center, named for the late Frank Broyles, the university’s former head football coach and athletic director. The expansion added 32 suites, 70 loge boxes — available in four- or eight-seat configurations — and 2,300 club seats to the north end zone, which will increase stadium capacity from 72,000 to 76,000.
Following are new options and services available in the stadium during the 2019 season.
• Fans will be able to purchase beer and wine in public areas of the stadium. Alcoholic beverages at Razorback football games have been available since 2014, but previously have only been available in suites and private club areas. The program will now be expanded to create availability for the purchase of beer and wine to fans 21 years or older within designated public areas in and around the stadium.
A variety of Anheuser Busch and CORE Brewing products as well as a limited wine selection will be available throughout the stadium. Additionally, Miller/Coors products will be available in all club areas.
• The season will also include enhanced wi-fi capabilities in the stadium, and charging stations.
“With more ways to use your Smartphone and digital devices with stadium Wi-Fi, chances are you might need a little boost for your device on your gameday visit to at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. Fans can take advantage of eight new charging stations for the 2019 season. The stations are located throughout the stadium near food, drinks and within game sightlines to provide fans a chance to charge up while not missing any of the action,” noted a statement from the UA Athletic Department.
• Fans can take advantage of a new rideshare program with discounted rates. Sponsors Anheuser Busch and Lyft encourage safe driving by providing a $5 Lyft ride discount to and from each Razorback Football game. The designated Rideshare Drop/Pickup zone is located at the Student Union just east of the stadium. A designated driver awareness program will also be implemented, encouraging fans to plan ahead on transportation options if they wish to consume alcohol on game day.
• Fans again will have help in finding food concessions in the stadium. To assist those looking for specific food items in the stadium, food maps with locations of where those concession items are available, will be included on the Razorback Gameday App to help fans more efficiently plan their gameday dining. Fans in north end zone premium areas will also be able to reference menu boards both in their club areas and on the Razorback Gameday App.
• The new season also includes a “Happy Hour.” Those attending the games in Fayetteville can take advantage of special offers during “Happy Hour” – the first hour gates are open for each game. During Happy Hour fans will have access to special merchandise discounts, concessions promotions, fan-friendly contests, expanded videoboard content, sponsored prizes, spirit squad engagement and many other surprises.
The Hogs open the 2019 football season on Aug. 31 at 3 p.m. against Portland State at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.